How to configure two extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-21 18:02:42
Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
I have a TD-W8960N V5 router, have big house and very thick walls, so have bought two TL-WA850RE extender ranges to extend the signal throughout the house. I have put the router in the central room and I put the two extenders at the extremes of the house. I connected them to the router and changed their name by writing Extender North Side and Extender South Side, although these devices after a while lost the signal and I have to restart the router to resume it.
Instead if putting one extender all work well.

What should I do?
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to configure two extenders
2017-08-22 14:19:55
disable the DHCP of both extenders, let the router be the only DHCP server. and you can check the firmware version of the extender, update if it's not the latest.
Options
2017-08-28 02:57:26
How would you disable the DHCP on the extenders?
Options
2017-08-28 17:47:03
Access the extender http://tplinkrepeater, you will find DHCP server. If you cannot access it, find out the IP address of extender on the router and use the IP address to login the extender.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1238

Replies: 3

Related Articles