VR2800 internet connection drops when connecting Netgear Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-23 03:08:12
Model : Archer VR2800

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
Just received my Archer VR2800 to replace the BT Smart HUB that was frankly useless. All set up and connection is working fine until I connect my Netgear switch to the LAN ports, which then causes the internet to stop working. When this happens I can still connect to the Archer, but just no internet access.

I have 2 netgear switches - an 8 port switch and a 16 port JGS516-200EUS. Between them they provide wired access to all rooms in the house as the router is under the stairs. Plugging either into the router causes the internet to be lost within a few seconds. Exact set up was working fine with various BT Hubs. Stumped with this so grateful for any suggestions.
Options
6 Reply
Re:VR2800 internet connection drops when connecting Netgear Switch
2017-08-23 13:59:08
did you check the IP address conflict? maybe the netgear switch has the same IP address as the LAN IP address of the tplink, which is 192.168.1.1 by default
Options
2017-08-23 14:10:40
I wouldn't know what if anything is causing the IP conflict. I am going to leave for 24 hours until the lease should have expired and then add the switch back in to see if that resolves it. It seems odd that it happens with 2 separate switches though.
Options
2017-08-24 15:11:43
Got to the bottom of this. My NAS was uploading photos to a cloud drive, and although it was happily chugging along doing this, nothing else was able to access the internet. The router even thought it was disconnected. I find the same thing happens when I download anything.....bit odd!
Options
2017-08-24 17:23:07
Hi Parklife,
did you fix your error?
I have had the same error and I fixed by this following post: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-428.html.
It may be helpful for you, too!

Alvin
Options
2017-08-24 18:51:49

parklife wrote

Got to the bottom of this. My NAS was uploading photos to a cloud drive, and although it was happily chugging along doing this, nothing else was able to access the internet. The router even thought it was disconnected. I find the same thing happens when I download anything.....bit odd!

What's the internet bandwidth from your Internet Provider? Can you access to the web interface page of the modem when you lose internet access? And do you have Internet IP address at that time?
Options
2017-08-24 20:07:55

flying snow wrote

What's the internet bandwidth from your Internet Provider? Can you access to the web interface page of the modem when you lose internet access? And do you have Internet IP address at that time?

I have around 7136kbps download and 448kbps upload. I can access the web interface, it seems I don't actually lose internet access as the NAS carries on uploading, but it seems to prevent anything else from accessing. The same happened when I downloaded a software update on my PC. Web interface reports that internet is disconnected but the download carries on, just nothing else can do anything. I can ping the router throughout and the DSL light on the actual router is lit. Web interface shows an internet IP address at the time.

With my BT router other things slowed down when uploading from the NAS, but never ground to a complete halt.

For now I have set a schedule on the NAS uploads to overnight.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 970

Replies: 6

Related Articles