User unfriendly regarding Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-27 20:47:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

I've signed up to your Forums just to post my grievances regarding how user unfriendly your software is ...

1. Parental Controls

I've had to spend hours to figure it out and still ...

I'm trying to add a device to the blacklist ( and then to parental controls - absurd that I have to do both of these moves) and now I get the message " The added LAN Host conflicts with the existing LAN Hosts" - I am truly without words!

M.
Options
6 Reply
Re:User unfriendly regarding Parental Controls
2017-08-28 18:30:47
What's the model number of your router? Better with hardware and firmware version. There are FAQs regarding how to set up parental controls if you look for it on the tplink website.
Options
2017-08-30 02:47:38
I've got it figured out now but as I said before way too complicated for me
Modem TP-Link Archer D9 Modem Router Wireless Dual Band AC 1900Mbps
http://www.tp-link.it/faq-1008.html
Options
2018-01-04 03:36:15

SEAWORDS wrote

I've got it figured out now but as I said before way too complicated for me
Modem TP-Link Archer D9 Modem Router Wireless Dual Band AC 1900Mbps
http://www.tp-link.it/faq-1008.html

SEAWORDS hi,

I'm also having sort of the same problem. Only mine is that when I try to add a device to the whitelist I'm getting the same message. I cannot understand why I can't add this device. Did you solve your problem? Thanks
Options
2018-01-06 13:31:39

Masetorq wrote

SEAWORDS hi,

I'm also having sort of the same problem. Only mine is that when I try to add a device to the whitelist I'm getting the same message. I cannot understand why I can't add this device. Did you solve your problem? Thanks

also having the same issue, stupid circular warning message. It's as if it has "remembered" a prior old entry. I am trying to add the MAC address into my whitelist but am getting the same error even though the entry doesn't appear elsewhere in the Whiltelist
Options
2018-01-07 00:58:03
Hello Guys
I must say now that after initial setbacks I am now quite satisfied with his modem. I did do a firmware upgrade as well and that seem to have solve connectivity issues
Regarding adding the same device to "security" list and "parental controls" list I changed the name slightly e.g my device & my-device
Also i used blacklist settings
Options
2018-01-09 00:25:07

AaronSc wrote

also having the same issue, stupid circular warning message. It's as if it has "remembered" a prior old entry. I am trying to add the MAC address into my whitelist but am getting the same error even though the entry doesn't appear elsewhere in the Whiltelist

Hi AaronSc,

Basically I think you're right. I spent a long time looking around for the entry on the router and found nothing.

In the end I did a factory reset of the router and created the white-list again from scratch. A bit of a pain but there was no other way around it.

Best regards
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2231

Replies: 6