Configuration Tp-Link TD-W8961N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-29 06:52:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everyone,

i write from Italy
I apologize for my english

I'm trying to configure this modem router http://www.tp-link.it/products/details/cat-15_TD-W8961N.html

the firmware is up to date

I'm using as a line: infostrada

Now following the setup (wizard) I'm going to set the parameters:
PVC4
VPI - 8
VPI - 35
Isp -PPPoA / PPPoE
Encapsulation - PPPoE-LLc

1-how do I type this encapsulation or should I use PPPoA VC-Mux?
2-in-wizard mode the router modem offers configuration types: innfostrada 1 and infostrada 2, which one to choose?

The difference is that if I go to set the first, the parameters are the ones I put, While if I put the second then the parameter of encapsulation changes in PPPoA VC-Mux

3-a strange thing I can not understand is, when I switch off to restart the modem / router the parameters change and I'm in the configuration screen these values:
PVC0
VPI-1
VCI - 32
Encapsulation - bridge mode
Bridge Mode - 1483 Bridged IP LLC

Why do the parameters change? (I then go to modify manually)

How can i solve ???

thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Configuration Tp-Link TD-W8961N
2017-08-29 14:08:24
You can go with the nnfostrada 1 since the parameters are the ones your ISP give you. You can change the encapsulation during the setup wizard. And where do you see the parameters change. There are other PVCs by fault, they are there whether you restart the modem or not. If you go to Status>WAN, there is table show you all the info of 7 PVCs I think, you just need to check whether the PVC4 is there, and keep the parameters as you set up
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1558

Replies: 1

Related Articles