What should I do after setting VPN server on Synology NAS?

Used Products:
× 1
General Product

As we knew, Synology NAS provides a VPN function so that users can access resources shared within the local area network of your Synology NAS remotely and securely.

In general, Synology provides PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Server, after enabling it, you need to do a port forwarding on your wireless Router. Here are some key points when you configure it on your Router.

1. Get a public IP on your WAN side.

• Public IP address is your passport to the internet. You couldn't do much without a public IP address. Like post addresses (e.g., 1234 Main Street) are used to deliver mail to your home, a public IP address is the unique IP address assigned to a specific device. This public IP address is used to communicate with the Internet.
  • Check the Router's WAN IP and then access www.whatismyip.com, if both of them use the same IP address, the WAN IP is a public IP.

2. Open the ports on the Router.

• VPN Server uses the different ports to communicate.
  • If you use the PPTP VPN Server, and you need to open port 1723;

• If you use OpenVPN Server, you need to open the port you set on the NAS, as default, it is port 1194;

• If you use the L2TP VPN Server, and you need to open port 1701, port 500, and port 4500.

If there is no luck, you can start a new thread with the results above and the model and firmware of your Router.

Comment

Hello sir my name is dharmendra I read your blog, I loved it. I have bookmarked your website. Because I hope you will continue to give us such good and good information in future also. Sir, can you help us, we have also created a website to help people. Whose name is monutip you can see our website on Google. And if possible, please give a backlink to our website. We will be very grateful to you. If you like the information given by us. So you will definitely help us. Thank you.

Thank you

Hello, World ! Wi-Fi
upload
    upload
      Subscriptions