Fail to install TP-Link adapter on Win10? Disable Signed Driver Enforcement

Used Products:
× 1
Adapter

If the external device cannot be recognized by the OS or the setup wizard of the driver cannot be run, it’s recommended to install the driver manually. Refer to How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 10? – for detailed instructions.

If you encounter a following error message during the installation, try to disable the signed driver enforcement on Windows 10 before you start to install adapters manually.

Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.

1. Click the Start menu and select Settings.

2. Click Update and Security.

3. Click on Recovery. And then click Restart now under Advanced Startup.

4. Click Troubleshoot.

5. Click Advanced options.

6. Click Startup Settings. If you can’t find this option, please click “See more recovery options” on the bottom.

7. Click on Restart.

8. On the Startup Settings screen, press 7 or F7 to activate the Disable driver signature enforcement option.

Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. If you restart your computer again, the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.

Comment

thanks this really help.i don't think this is because driver enforce signature before. Great guide

I was facing the same problem but after doing this job on my Acer laptop aspire e15  as per the above your guideline now working fine without any custom installation...

Thanks 

buzzcnn.com