TP-LINK TL-WR802N stops working overnight.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-14 18:05:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have this device configured as an access point on to a LAN with no internet involved. When configured and connect it seems good. It will work all day for me. When I come back the next day however it is dead. Cannot 'see' it in the windows 7 wireless network connection list. A simple power cycle will bring it back and it will work all day again. This is starting to get very annoying now though having to pull the power to it EVERY day to restart it, especially as sometimes I am not near the thing and have to get someone else to do it.
Why do I have to keep power cycling it? Is this a feature of it? Is it supposed to stop working after a certain time period (24 hrs)? Is there a setting to make it stay active all the time? or is it maybe a faulty device?
Thanks for any advice.
Keith.
Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TL-WR802N stops working overnight.
2018-03-02 17:05:34
Anyone else have this problem?
Do I assume it is faulty? Send it back?
Options
2018-03-06 16:56:39
When the wifi name disappears, is the LED light on the router still on?
Did you try hard reset and reconfigure it?
Is the firmware up to date?
Options
2018-03-07 00:09:45
Thanks for the reply.
Yes LED is still on.
By hard reset I guess you mean the little recessed button on it. If so yes I have done this many times and reconfigured it.
Firmware is as follows. How do I know if this is up to date? There is no online check it just wants a file to load.

Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 151231 Rel.53503n
Hardware Version: WR802N v2 00000000

Thanks for any help again.
Keith.
Options
2018-03-09 17:26:21
You can check the firmware on the website, but your firmware is the latest. In that case, it's suggested to contact TP-LINK support when the issue happens, then they may able to find the reason of the issue.
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/download/TL-WR802N_V2.html#Firmware
Options
2018-07-05 14:10:04
Hi there,

same issue for me. I have tried it with several devices (firmware v1, v2 and also v3).
There is a v4 firmware. Is this problem fix in this version?
Best regards
Anderas
Options
2018-07-10 14:38:26
Hey afi,

we can't update the firmware with different hardware versions.

Therefore, there is no any relationship even v4 firmware fix the problem if the hardware version is not the same one.
Options
2018-07-11 14:56:27

Bowen98 wrote

Hey afi,

we can't update the firmware with different hardware versions.

Sure, you can not update a software, that's build for a different hardware.

Therefore, there is no any relationship even v4 firmware fix the problem if the hardware version is not the same one.

I just wanted to know if it is a known issue. Sadly there is no change log where I can look for myself.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1408

Replies: 7

Related Articles