WR941HP How to Enable the Bandwith Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-22 17:35:55
Model : TL-WR941HP

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good Day Techs,

Got some question about WR941HP bought this router a week ago and it does not have the bandwith control settings and it's replace by QoS . Is it possible to enable it back by some firmware upgrade or downgrade....bandwith control is way much better than QoS as my old WR841N has it.

And some additional question guys can you give me some model of your router that can handle bandwith control rule list more than 20 like that in my WR841N Screenshot and can only handle at max of 16 rule list.

Options
5 Reply
Re:WR941HP How to Enable the Bandwith Control
2018-03-25 11:23:00
Try email the tp-link support, usually they are more responsive on email. If you got the answer, please let me know.
Options
2018-06-06 16:14:46
same issue here, one of the reason i bought this is to have the Bandwidth Control. Is there any news about this please?
Options
2018-06-10 21:05:23
I have same problem dude.If you found any solution please inform me as soon as possible.
Options
2018-06-12 17:46:14

GEN10BOLTZ wrote

Model : TL-WR941HP

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good Day Techs,

Got some question about WR941HP bought this router a week ago and it does not have the bandwith control settings and it's replace by QoS . Is it possible to enable it back by some firmware upgrade or downgrade....bandwith control is way much better than QoS as my old WR841N has it.

And some additional question guys can you give me some model of your router that can handle bandwith control rule list more than 20 like that in my WR841N Screenshot and can only handle at max of 16 rule list.

We can't get it back through firmware upgrade or downgrade.
But tp-link is trying to improve this feature to make it easier as bandwidth control.

Most tplink router use new platform which there is no such kind of limitation any more because the way of setting is different.
Options
2018-06-13 09:27:13
QoS low priority may sure work fine. I assume with its Low Priority settings, the bandwidth will greatly decrease once a High Priority PC/IP is active. But if there are no other PC/IP with High Priority that is using the bandwidth, then this Low Priority will gain the full speed. Not really sure about this, please correct me if im wrong.

If this is true, setting a specific Ingres (from old router) is still this the best (and what im looking for).

Thanks for the response flying |snow".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1181

Replies: 5

Related Articles