TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.

TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.

46 Reply
Re:TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.
2024-04-12 05:44:04

I think my problem was improved by:

removing an extender from my network that had signal overlap with an AP

setting up the channels on the three router APs to minimize overlap

using the same SSID and password for the three router AP

tirning on Smart network (or whatever it is called)

I can roam the house now without losing connection, occasionally have to turn WiFi off and on again on iPad Mini 5, or wait a few seconds and it usually connects

Options
Re:TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.
2024-04-22 16:41:21

@dmaksymec 

The same i have issue with extender so i have reset the main router then it is working greatly  now and since almost 2 month it is working perfect for me

Options
2024-07-11 10:25:45

There are several reasons why your iPhone's WiFi might not be working. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:-

1. Airplane Mode:- Ensure Airplane Mode is disabled. Swipe down from the top right corner (control center) and make sure the airplane icon isn't highlighted.
2. WiFi Turned On:- Verify that WiFi is turned on in your Settings app. Go to Settings > WiFi and toggle the switch on if it's disabled.
3. In-Range of Router:- Check if you're within the range of your WiFi router. Signal strength weakens with distance.
4. Restart iPhone:- A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary glitches. Turn your iPhone off and on again.
5. Restart Router and Modem:- Turn off your WiFi router and modem, unplug them for a minute, then plug them back in and wait for them to restart completely.

Options
2024-07-11 13:46:19

@EvieCarson 

Not sure what you are trying to say.

Options
2024-08-19 10:30:40

Ugh, those phones sticking together like glue, huh? It's like they're trying to have a secret meeting without inviting you! Okay, let's break it up.

It's probably something to do with AirDrop or that new NameDrop feature. They're like digital magnets, always trying to connect. Go into your settings and look for AirDrop. You can usually turn it off completely or just limit it to contacts. While you're there, check out NameDrop too. It's probably causing some trouble.

If that doesn't work, try restarting both phones. Sometimes, a little tech reset can do wonders. And if that still doesn't fix it, you might want to check for software updates. New updates often have fixes for these kinds of things.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hardware: Archer VR2100v v1 00000000

Firmware: 1.14.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 230517 Rel.10084n

So I had this issue where I just could not install or update apps from the App Store on both iPads (different models) in our household.

Every other device - Android phones and Windows laptops - worked fine.

Even open the Chrome browser app on the iPads worked fine.

The issue seemed to effect Apple apps specifically.

To check the issue wasn't with the iPads I tried with a different router and it worked just fine.

So the issue is with the TP Link Router.

I saw on here a post that said that changed their DNS from automatic to manual.

So I decided to try that. On the iPad I went to the settings, WiFi and change the DNS for the WiFi network from automatic to manual. I set the DNS address to the exact same DNS addresses that were shown when logging into the administration page for the router and looking the two DNS Server entires under Network Map in Basic Mode or the Primary and Seconday DNS under Status in Advanced Mode.

Everything immediately started working again.

I have no idea why the Apple devices cannot see the DNS Server entries on the router when DNS is set to automatic. I can only conclude that there is something wrong with the router firmware on TP Link routers.

Options