Network problem with an Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-19 09:13:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I'm confused with the following problem:
I have a network that connects several offices with UTP cable. It consists of a modem, a router, and a switch. From that switch comes a cable to each office. In each office, I have another switch and from there I pull a cable to each PC. Until then everything works perfectly, the PCs are seen and I have Internet everywhere. The problem is that in the offices I have to provide WiFi. Then I bought an Access Point brand TP-Link. My idea was to connect an Access Point to the switch in each office and create a different WiFi network for each, it seemed very simple. I did this in the first office and I had no problem, but when I wanted to connect the second Access Point my problems started: The whole network gets very slow (so much that you can not work). I simply connected the Access Point, as it comes from the factory to the switch and everything gets slow. I have tried to configure it with dynamic, static IP and in all possible ways and it always happens exactly the same. As soon as I disconnect everything returns to normal. I tried different TRES Access Point and the same thing happened, I changed the cable I used to connect the Access Point to the Switch and nothing.
When the Access Point is not connected I throw a ping from any client to the server and it gives me a time <1 ms. I connect the Access Point and this goes up to 30 ms.

What do you think? Where is the problem? I've been stuck with this for days. Thank you very much ...
Options
2 Reply
Re:Network problem with an Access Point
2018-06-19 19:40:51
Which TP-Link AP do you use?
Do you actually have one WLAN AP each for every office?

What is a TRES Access Point?

Did you possibly activate WDS (Wireless Distribution System)? Since your APs are directly connected to your LAN via those switches, WDS would be not needed, methinks.

BTW, you should be able to use the same SSID and access password, thus creating a single WLAN ("Wifi").
Options
Re:Network problem with an Access Point
2018-06-20 21:47:35
Thanks for your answer L.Willms.:

Do you actually have one WLAN AP each for every office? -----> Yes!

What is a TRES Access Point? ---- > I meant three different access points (sorry for my english!)

Ok I'm going to check the WDS, I'll tell you later
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5731

Replies: 2

Related Articles