New wpa8630p disconnects all internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-25 07:37:17 - last edited 2018-12-18 06:38:12

I have Netgear router (8400?) with small tp link powerline adapter and extender. Not powerful enough so bought Wpa8630p adapter and extender to get increased power. Disconnect old one and Plug it in and connect the Ethernet cable to router and pair as per instructions.

Then within a minute lose ALL internet connections to everyting in the house, including my PC. I cannot reinstate internet without disconnecting tbe 8630 and turning off the router and switching it on again.

Why is the 8y30 doing this when the original worked? How can i get the 8630 to replace the old one and start working?

Help!!!

I am not a techno. So please responses in plain english!

Options
3 Reply
Re:New wpa8630p disconnects all internet
2018-12-18 07:04:53

Hi there

That sounds interesting problem here.A TP-Link offended a Netgear and the internet lost in whole home.

Maybe you need to let us know the whole name of this netgear and share us how did you link the TP-Link to Netgear.

Oh, i just notice that there should be a kit of two TP-Link powerline extender when i input this.   What is the model of another adapter?
Don't forget you mustn't connect all them to your router, only one can be linked to router by cable and another one, should just plug to another socket 

Connect both them to a router by two cables,maybe ,  cause a disaster technically speaking

Options
2018-12-18 07:19:02
Did you connect one Ethernet port on the 8630 to one of the Ethernet ports on the netgear router? There should be only one Ethernet cable between the router and the powerline adapter. You may disconnect all devices from the router, just connect the powerline adapter, try again. It could be compatibility issue too. What's the specific model number? Any one else experience the same issue?
Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-01-03 15:24:53

What you are experiencing is the result of a crazy decision by TP-Link to turn on a DHCP server whenever the 8630 can't see the main router (like during a reboot) and decides the 8630 is going to start handing out IPs. See this thread from more details, and please up-vote my answer, so maybe TP-Link will follow that suggestion for a fix.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/110892?replyId=306195

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1478

Replies: 3

Related Articles