Deco m5 as range extender/AP mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-07 11:26:54

Hello, I am thinking of buying a deco m5, but I also interested in buying an high speed router like the archer c9, I would like to know how the m5 act as the range extender/AP mode for the c9.

Would the m5 that is connected to the c9 wirelessly would behave like a mesh system towards the other m5 unit like (m5a unit and m5b unit would be pushing the data towards the far m5c unit to push the data that sended from the c9) or would it just act like a usual range extender which only provide one way communication towards one AP to the other.

Would it be wise to buy a c9 to work with the deco m5, or just use the m5 at the moment waiting for future model that will support the mesh ecosystem?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco m5 as range extender/AP mode?
2019-01-08 05:46:38

One M5 needs to be connected to C9 through Ethernet, the other M5 could be wireless, and all M5 will act like a mesh system. 

If you have a modem, just use M5 as router. It can provide pretty good range. I don't see why C9 is necessary. Do you need it for some special settings?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Deco m5 as range extender/AP mode?
2019-01-08 14:06:28

Ah so I couldn't connect the c9 to m5 wirelessly then?

The reason I am considering the c9 is because I was thinking the faster speed might help the deco to work on more optimal speed around the house when I want to stream game from my PC to my phone.

Guess I will just get the deco first then.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m5 as range extender/AP mode?
2019-01-09 02:03:04

No cannot connect c9 to m5 wirelessly. 

The speed ultimately depends on your ISP. Maybe the m5 can handle the full speed that you are paying for. Even with C9, speed may be the same. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10877

Replies: 3

Related Articles