Blinking red light when ethernet connected to remote deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-15 14:45:30

Hi

I am attempting to connect a device wired to the deco unit I have in my bedroom. 

I have the main deco next to my router wired and set in AP mode, and I was hoping I could extend my network by plugging into the remote deco. 

The TV device I am plugging in is not wifi enabled so needs a wired connection. 

Whenever I try this the remote deco disconnects and blinks red. 

Is this kind of setup not possible? 

Thanks 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Blinking red light when ethernet connected to remote deco
2019-01-15 23:52:08

First you need configure all decos via wifi, one main Deco with cable at router and all other units via wifi. After this. turn off 2nd unit and wire, turn on and "voiala"

Options
2019-01-16 07:29:35

Hi,

Is the remote deco solid green if you don't connect TV to it? 

How do you connect the remote deco to the main deco? Is it wirelessly? Or it's through Ethernet? 

If possible, connect a PC wired to the remote deco. Does the problem happen too?

By the way, do you have Deco M5, M9 plus or other model? 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-06-17 19:24:45
I got a similar problem with my set of 3 Deco M5 - all three on version 1.4.4 Setup: Main Deco connected to the router via cable. Second Deco is at the edge of the first one's WiFi-signal, but also connected via cable. Everything's fine with that, but it doesn't seem to use the LAN connection (which it should, as it's faster). Third Deco is at the very edge of the WiFi-signal of the second Deco. Everything's fine with the third Deco as long as no cable is plugged in. But as soon as I plug a network cable into it (I've covered the house with cables to make sure I've got a decent signal everywhere) the LED starts blinking red and the Deco App says this Deco "has a problem". WiFi-connection is still up and fast, but the error message persists.
Options
2020-06-18 16:48:25

@GajusTempus 

I think I found the reason and solution for this problem: I switched the Deco configuration from Router to Access Point. That solved the issue for me - all wired Decos are now providing the right network and internet.

If anyone of the staff should read this: It'd be great if Deco switched to this mode automatically or - at least - recommend it after sensing the network around it.

Options
2021-03-04 21:16:37

@GajusTempus 

Could you please let me know how can i do this ?

I face the same problem now with one of my Deco ( all 3 Decos are connected via Ether net cable plugged into Router ) 

Looking forward to your reply 

Thanks

Kiran

Options
2021-03-04 21:40:35

@Kiran_Mandarapu 

You can switch Deco mesh operating mode in Deco app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6666

Replies: 6

Related Articles