The signal disappear after setting router as repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-16 07:51:11 - last edited 2019-01-17 05:46:57

I have a TP-LINK TL-MR3420 V2 router which I setup as a repeater.

It works good for few hours (1-2) and suddenly the AP disappear from Wi-Fi list.

If I set the router as a normal router it works fine.

I don't understand what it's wrong with it. Kodi Can someone explain me what's the problem? Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:The signal disappear after setting router as repeater
2019-01-17 08:56:43

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no repeater or range extender mode on MR3420 V2. 

How did you setup as repeater?

Check firmware version. Update if it's not latest.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-04-13 19:40:41

This router does not include an inbuilt modem and works well with cable broadbands(eg Hathway). Your device(tp-link TL-MR3420) doesn't have a direct option of use as an extender. 

But you can still use it as range extender by a little modification in settings.

I can try this article about this: - setup router as a repeater

If this doesn't work for you then you can try another device form TP-Link TL-WA850RE

It barely cost 15$ and it can extend your wifi range within a few steps. I've personally used TL-WA850RE and I'm satisfied with the device and its performance. 

https://www.experthoot.com/
Options
2021-12-22 11:52:23 - last edited 2021-12-22 11:53:23

@Theodore Your Router don't have repeater inbuilt in it. Make sure you have compatible modem with repeater. A simple mesh will work for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3501

Replies: 3

Related Articles