VR2800 5GHz WiFi drops intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-13 14:04:27

Hi,

I have purchased a VR2800 about 1.5 years ago and it seems working fine,until recently....

About 1 month ago, the 5GHz WiFi drops connection occasioanlly, sometimes I cannot find the SSID, or sometimes I can find the SSID but cannot connect to it, saying "Password wrong", on both my iPhone and my desktop which I used an Archer-T8E.

It has been upgraded to the latest firmware (dated in 2017) 1 week ago but this does not seem to be solved.

Wondering if anyone have idea how to fix please? (hope that is not a hardware issue)

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Chong

Options
2 Reply
Re:VR2800 5GHz WiFi drops intermittently
2019-02-13 16:36:54
You may be getting interference from some other wireless device or from someone else WIFI. Other devices may be interfering with the radio signal. Things like cordless phones, wireless security cameras, anything wireless that uses the 2.4 or 5 bands. Other WIFIs may be flooding the channel your WIFI is using. Each location will have its own best channel and that can vary from time to time. I have a iMac and it has tools (although somewhat hidden) that allow me to see the other nearby SSIDs and the bands/channels they are using. There are WIFI scanners that you can install for Windows machines. I have my router channels set to Auto which works okay for me. Selecting a specific channel may be needed if something is interfering with channel the router selected to use.
Options
Re:VR2800 5GHz WiFi drops intermittently
2019-02-14 09:42:30

I found a faq guided users to do troubleshooting regarding to the unstable connection issue: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2238.html

You can contact their tech support to get a specific answer as well. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1833

Replies: 2

Related Articles