Internet drops out intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-23 14:10:53
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220518 Rel.59424n

The device after purchase worked stably for about 20 days. Then problems began to arise with the disappearance of the Internet. 

The Internet periodically appears and then disappears again. 

All indicators glowing as in normal operating condition and do not report about problem. 

The problem is visible through the web interface. 

What has been done:

1I checked my SIM card on my mobile phone and the internet was stable throughout the day.

2. The service provider also reports me that my SIM card is active and there are no problems with it.

3. Reset to factory settings. Result - the problem is not solved. The Internet appeared, but disappeared again after a short period of time.

4. In the advanced mode DHCP server configuration section, made changes for the Primary DNS server on 8.8.8.8. and the Secondary DNS server on 8.8.4.4. Result - the problem is not solved.

I did not update the FirmWare, because the device reports that the current version is installed.

Are there any other recommendations or just a replacement under warranty?

Thank you in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet drops out intermittently
2023-03-24 06:59:14 - last edited 2023-03-24 06:59:45

@Manhgust 

Hi, when the issue happens, will it recover automatically or you have to restart the MR400 to get internet again?

When it happens next time, please don't restart it yet, you could login the web interface, get screenshots of Advanced->Status page and Advanced->Network->Internet page, then go to Advanced->System Tools->System Log page to save a log file.

In addition, please check the network type and band on Advanced->Status page when internet works fine and compare it when internet stops, if band changes, you could also try selecting 4G band manually to see if it will be more stable. Here is the instruction about how to select 4G band manually:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3099/

By the way, usually how often does the issue happen? like once a day or more frequently?

And who is your ISP?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options