Can't access configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-24 01:29:26
Model: RE580D  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

Hi,

I am trying to access my extender but everytime I try to access the page it defaults to the help page.  I have done a factory reset but it, I am connected to the extender but I am not able to access the admin page. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  THanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't access configuration
2019-02-26 06:31:04

Please try to factory reset the extender by press the reset button on the back for 8-10 seconds agian, you will see the screens changes when you do that. 

After reset, please connect to the extender's wifi on your phone or computer, then open a web browser and type in 192.168.0.254 or tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar, hit enter, the admin login page will show up. If it is not working, please try different browsers and devices. 

And you can also check the IP address on your phone or computer, the default gateway should be 192.168.0.254. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Can't access configuration
2019-02-26 10:35:37

I have found that the most reliable way to connect to the repeater for setup is to use an ethernet cable to your laptop and do it via LAN.

Should you choose to do it wirelessly, make sure you disconnect yourself manually from any other WiFi and connect manually to the TP-Link one.

Just to be sure the problem is not with your browser, either use an incognito window or clear your data and cookies before trying to connect. Incognito is a far easier solution.

In sum: connect to the repeater via ethernet, open an incognito window on Chrome, type tplinkrepeater.net and proceed with the setup.

I hope it helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1917

Replies: 2

Related Articles