Difference from 300mps and 30 mps in 10 meters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-06 14:04:25
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I am worried about the speed of the internet, when using these tplink devices. 
In my living room, with my laptop, I get 300mps with speedtest.org, with ethernet connected directly to the modem. 

When I go to my desktop computer, connected to a tplink powerline adapter, the speed, instead, is only 30mps. (The desktop computer is barely 10m distance from the router, and they are in the same electric phase). 

Is this normal? Should not be 300mps also in destkop? I have an imac, new model. 

Thanks. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Difference from 300mps and 30 mps in 10 meters
2019-03-08 06:38:22

Hello, 

for your information, the TL-PA4010Pkit has the 100Mbps ethernet ports. that is to say, the maximum speed from it won't be higher than 100Mbps.

Back to your case, we can do some troubleshooting: 

first, you can follow the below instruction to narrow down the issue and tell us some details:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2231.html

a. the speed you can get from 4010P when it is in the same with main router.

b. The wired link speed of your computer; how to get it: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

c. The powerline link which shows up on the tpPLC utility.

d. The speed you can get from the main router by wired cable with the same computer.

Any updates, just let us know.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 1

Related Articles