TP-Link Archer C7 V4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Archer C7 V4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link Archer C7 V4
TP-Link Archer C7 V4
2019-03-17 19:41:18 - last edited 2019-03-17 20:01:10
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20180425 rel.62587(4555)

Hello.

I have a problem with my TP-Link Archer C7 V4.
I have internet speeds of 600Mb / s / 30Mb / s.
Scheme:
Operator router (bridge mode) -> Tp-Link Archer C7 (client) -> ethernet cable -> My computer (gigabit LAN)

1. According to Speedtest, my internet has a speed of 600 / 30Mb / s.
2. When I hook up directly to the router of the operator (router mode), the internet has a speed of 600 / 30Mbps (speedtest) and I can download files at 72MB / s
3. When I set the operator's router to bridge mode and connect the Tp-Link Archer C7 as a client and check the speed in Speedtest I get the speed 600/30 and how do I download the files I have a speed of 72MB / s.
It seems that everything is fine, but after a dozen or so minutes as I turn on downloading files the download speed drops to 15-20MB / s. And it stays like that. It only helps restart the Archer C7 but also for a few minutes (72MB / s) and the same problem is the same again (max 15-20MB / s).

I did various tests and noticed that this is only when the operator's router is set in bridge mode and TP-Link Archer C7 is a client.
I noticed that if I set the router in the router mode and connect the TP-Link Archer C7 (ip address from DHCP) this problem does not occur.
In this case, it starts downloading the file at 20MB / s and quickly grows to 72MB / s

It seems to me that there is some error in the TP-Link Archer C7 software which after a dozen or so minutes reduces the download transfer.

What is interesting in speedtestach speed is always 600 / 30Mb / s and the speed of file downloading at this time is maximal within 15-20MB / s.

Can any of the technicians check this problem?

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C7 V4
2019-03-18 06:47:50

Hello, 

1. Under this layout, what is the operation mode of the C7? How do you connect it to the operator router? by wired cable or by wirelessly?

Operator router (bridge mode) -> Tp-Link Archer C7 (client) -> ethernet cable -> My computer (gigabit LAN)

2. How did you download the file? Download it from the internet? Or transmit it over the same network?

3. Per you said, if operator router works in router mode and connect C7 to it, everything will be fine; so you can setup C7 as an access point, and then the devices will obtain IP address or access internet through the operator router which works as a DHCP server.

How to configure C7 as access point:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C7.html#video

May it help.

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C7 V4
2019-03-18 07:52:00 - last edited 2019-03-18 08:09:14

1. Settings: ROUTER mode. Archer C7 automatically gets the IP address. Of course, it is connected with an Ethernet cable to the operator's router.

2. I download the file from the internet. The host is very fast and always gives you full speed.

3. I want the operator Router to work in bridge mode, and TP-Link Archer C7 worked as a client and received external IP. I need this for OpenVPN and DDNS. Unfortunately, the operator's router has no such functions.

It seems that the problem is with TP-Link. After a moment of inactivity, the download power drops to 15-20MB / s and remains at this level. Just as if TP-Link went through saving energy and could not get out of it anymore (only when it gets an IP external).

I was wondering if the operator's router has some problem in BRIDGE mode but after restart C7 is fine for a while so it seems to me that it's C7 fault.

Options
2019-03-19 13:33:11

Ok. I am waiting for good news.

Options
2019-03-20 00:49:14

Surely we will do. Thanks for your cooperation and support.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-03-20 21:27:18

Hello.

Still no one contacted me with technical support regarding my problem. When can I count on fixing the error?

Options
2019-03-25 07:13:20

Hello,

I found that our engineer has followed up already. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2195

Replies: 6

Related Articles