ECO mode disappears for the system including Deco M5, M4, and E4 with latest firmware

ECO mode disappears for the system including Deco M5, M4, and E4 with latest firmware

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco M5   Deco M4   Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.8 Build 20240719 Rel. 70981

Hello Support Team,

I am currently using a mesh system with multiple devices including Deco M5, Deco M4R, and Deco E4R.

The system operates in Wi-Fi Router mode.
I need the ECO mode feature to manage the Wi-Fi schedule in my house.

Previously with M4R and E4R, ECO mode worked as expected.
But then when I added a M5, the main router was changed to M5, and the ECO mode disappeared.

Latest firmware version updated for all devices, however ECO mode still does not appear in the Deco app.
Please see the pictures below to better understand the system structure and firmware version.

Parental control mode can't be used in my case because I need to manage the entire wifi signal, not each individual device
Please help me to make the ECO mode available again.
Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ECO mode disappears for the system including Deco M5, M4, and E4 with latest firmware-Solution

@QuocTV 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Deco E4_v1_1.6.1 doesn't support ECO mode, but Deco M5_v3_1.5.8 and Deco M4_v2_1.6.2 did.

I think it is Deco E4 that caused the current issue, not Deco M5.

It is suggested to remove Deco E4 from the current Mesh system to see whether you are able to have ECO mode on the Deco APP.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ECO mode disappears for the system including Deco M5, M4, and E4 with latest firmware-Solution

@QuocTV 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Deco E4_v1_1.6.1 doesn't support ECO mode, but Deco M5_v3_1.5.8 and Deco M4_v2_1.6.2 did.

I think it is Deco E4 that caused the current issue, not Deco M5.

It is suggested to remove Deco E4 from the current Mesh system to see whether you are able to have ECO mode on the Deco APP.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ECO mode disappears for the system including Deco M5, M4, and E4 with latest firmware

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer.

After careful testing, I found that you're right.

It was the Deco E4 that caused the ECO mode to disappear.

May I know if TP-link has any plans to add the ECO mode to Deco E4?

Options
Re:ECO mode disappears for the system including Deco M5, M4, and E4 with latest firmware
a week ago

@QuocTV 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I'm afraid there hasn't been a plan to support ECO mode on Deco E4_V1/V2 yet.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 126

Replies: 3

Related Articles