TL-WR710N V1 Parental Control not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-12 03:00:47

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to add a "website-whitelist" to my TL-WR710N V1 150M Wireless N Mini Pocket Router (link-delink-us). But it doesn't work.

What I've tried so far:

• using Access Control Rule Management with
    • Domain Name -> Result: doesn't work at all (blocks everything)
    • IP Address -> Result: sometimes it does work temporary, but only as long as the dynamic IP adresses stay the same. After that everything is blocked again
  • using Parental Control Settings [yes, I do have 2 PCs, one as Parental PC and all others (my second PC) as Children's PC] with
    • Website Names [see picture below] -> Result: doesn't work at all (blocks everything)
  • Tried again after a Router Reset -> Result: still the same problem
  • Tried again after Firmware Upgrade (3.16.12 Build 140922 Rel.61239n) -> Result: still the same problem
  • Tried again with other DNS Servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) because I read about that in a forum -> Result: still the same problem

Any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR710N V1 Parental Control not working
2019-04-15 12:42:29

Hi,

Did you try to fix the IP address for the device that you want to control? 

Please refer to this link to set a fixed static IP for the device:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/14/

And please refer to page 56 to do address reservation for your device: 

https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-WR710N(EU)_V2_UG.pdf 

Good day!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 781

Replies: 1

Related Articles