Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Repeater
Repeater
2019-04-23 09:17:54 - last edited 2019-04-23 09:46:53
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

To use my wifi extender do I have to use a Router ? I use Wifi hotspot to connect to the Intrnet

Options
2 Reply
Re:Repeater
2019-04-23 09:21:56 - last edited 2019-04-23 09:46:53
To use my new Wifi extender do I have to have a Router ? I dont use one as I access the internet via Phone Hotspot
Options
Re:Repeater
2019-04-23 09:46:16

Hi,

It is suggested to connect the extender to a regular wifi router. Cause the hotspot mechanism varies with different brand/manufacturers, so there may have some limits which will affect the connection/ performance of the extender. 

In other word, if there is no regular router, it is not suggested to buy an extender, while if you have bought it, you can give it a go and try to connect it to the mobile hotspot.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 2

Related Articles