Firmware Backup (not config backup) TL-WR740N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-06 05:24:48
Model: TL-WR720N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 160723

Hi everyone

SOMEONE KNOWS  HOW TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE FIRMWARE TO USE IT IN ANOTHER ROUTER OF THE SAME?

MY NEIGHBOR HAS A ROUTER WITH A MODIFIED FIRMWARE WITH MORE FUNCTIONS,

(VLAN AND TR-069) AND I WOULD LIKE TO EXTRACT THAT FIRMWARE

PLEASE HELP ME 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Firmware Backup (not config backup) TL-WR740N
2019-05-06 06:56:16

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no method to back up the firmware; only the configuration file can be backup; 

Meanwhile, regarding to the 3rd party firmware or the modified firmware, we do not know how to update it, and it will be against the warranty. 

You can refer to the statement below:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wr740n/#Firmware 

While if you want to have more advanced features, you can search it online and get some suggestions. 

Have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Firmware Backup (not config backup) TL-WR740N
2019-05-06 13:42:20

apparently my operator gives me a modified firmware

My ISP requires enabling the VLAN, but the default WR740N does not bring it,

but my neighbor's firmware does. and we both have the same router and the same operator

What happened is that I updated my router's firmware on the TP LINK page and lost the vlan option
and now I am without internet

Options
2019-05-06 13:43:32
I made a backup of my neighbor's router and loaded it to my router but it does not work
Options
2019-05-06 13:46:56

THIS IS THE ROUTER OF MY NEIGHBOR

Options
Re:Re:Re:Firmware Backup (not config backup) TL-WR740N
2019-05-06 15:45:00
Can to load the previous version of the firmware for your router that was working? I was able to do it for my Archer C8. It was listed on the TP-Link Archer C8 firmware page. I had to do it so I could get port forwarding working again on my router.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Firmware Backup (not config backup) TL-WR740N
2019-05-07 02:19:38

Hi,

I confirmed that the is no firmware released at our end which can support VLAN ID. 

Cause the operator gives you the modified firmware, it is suggested to contact them to get some help to reinstall the internet and flash the firmware. 

May it work and have a good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Firmware Backup (not config backup) TL-WR740N
2019-05-08 16:58:59
there is no way to extract the firmware with TFTP?
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Firmware Backup (not config backup) TL-WR740N
2019-05-10 09:53:51

I'm afraid not; you can ask for the operator's help to give it a shot. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3547

Replies: 8

Related Articles