CONFLICTS WITH 2 ROUTER IN CLIENT MODE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-15 11:06:27
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I use 2 TL-WR802N in client mode, they take internet via wifi from the same modem.

But I just can use 1 device at a time because otherwise, I got no internet connect when I use both at the same time.

How to be able to get 2 client mode wifi routeur having internet at the same time ?

Alexandre

Options
3 Reply
Re:CONFLICTS WITH 2 ROUTER IN CLIENT MODE
2019-05-15 13:44:10
Unless you have multiple IP address from your ISP and a modem that supports it (most cases requires some type of a business account from your ISP) you cannot as you have only one IP address. What are you trying to achieve by using the two modems?
Options
Re:CONFLICTS WITH 2 ROUTER IN CLIENT MODE
2019-05-16 00:57:15

Hi,

Is it a kind of wifi that you need connect to it with username and password? Is there any other wireless router at your house? 

If ISP provides wifi for you to get internet with configuration parameters, then you need ensure that whether it can be wireless bridged by multiple devices, otherwise, you can connect one router to the wifi to get internet due to the limitation. 

While you can connect them like a daisy-chain. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

KALUX wrote

I use 2 TL-WR802N in client mode, they take internet via wifi from the same modem.

But I just can use 1 device at a time because otherwise, I got no internet connect when I use both at the same time.

How to be able to get 2 client mode wifi routeur having internet at the same time ?

Alexandre

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:CONFLICTS WITH 2 ROUTER IN CLIENT MODE
2019-05-16 15:41:36
Look up "double NAT" to see how to avoid.
Options