Test WiFi on adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Test WiFi on adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Test WiFi on adaptor
Test WiFi on adaptor
2019-05-31 08:52:21
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a WPA4220 wifi extender in a room but WiFi reception in the room is not good.

Is ther any way that I can test the WiFi output of the device to see if it is working okay?

Any other ideas as to why WiFi is not good?

tpPLC screenshot below.

Affected extender is FAMILY ROOM

Options
3 Reply
Re:Test WiFi on adaptor
2019-06-01 03:20:22

Hi, same thread.https://community.tp-link.com/home/forum/topic/162106?page=1&t=2019%2F06%2F01%2003%3A11%3A33%20%2B0000 

Meanwhile, may I now which unit is connected to the main router by wired cable as a main unit? It is suggested to connect the 9020 to the router directly. And use the tL-WPA9610 to extend the wifi range and provide ethernet connection. 

For the wifi reception, you can change some wifi settings to improve its performance, like wifi channel and channel width. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

If it does not work, you can refer https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/398/ to change the wifi settings of the 4220.

Besides, you can adjust its location, try to change another socket to plug it. 

May it help and have a nice day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Test WiFi on adaptor
2019-06-01 06:07:12

Yes, I now realise that the 9020 should be connected to the router. The router is in STUDY and is connected to a 9610 which is a wireless extender. 

I did this because the 9020 has 2 Ethernet ports. I have a TV and a TV receiver box in LOUNGE, both of which need Ethernet connections. Would the better solution be to swap 9020 and 9610 and use an Ethernet switch to connect both devices to the 9610?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Test WiFi on adaptor
2019-06-05 08:00:42

Yes, you can connect both TV and TV receiver to 9610 by Ethernet switch. Put the wireless extender and your router in different rooms will provide you a larger Wi-Fi range. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 844

Replies: 3

Related Articles