Passwords for Internet facing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-27 21:38:46 - last edited 2019-06-28 06:31:40
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20180125

I am having a hard time accepting that it is okay to only allow passwords with letters and "_" underline. It is 2019 not 1995. We are all under constant threat of some type of attack and not having a secure password is poor practice at best.

Do all devices requiring a password made by TP-Link have this major flaw? I am replacing my current router, but will not chose another TP-Link if designed with this password issue.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Passwords for Internet facing devices
2019-07-01 09:08:12

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, the password can be numbers or letters, and some limited special character for now. 

While we will remind our R&D team and they will work on it. 

Besides, to ensure the security, except creating a complicated wireless password, you can setup a more complex login password and disable remote management, update the firmware to the latest and so on.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Passwords for Internet facing devices
2020-07-07 21:38:35
exactly problem. oh boy... it's stink !! I will not buy any TPlink anymore
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2473

Replies: 2

Related Articles