Archer C9 stuck in bootloop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-30 20:06:29
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a Archer C9, actually I have two of them. With one of the routers I recently came across an rather annoying problem. The router is stuck in a bootloop. 

The powerled flashes a few times, and after a few seconds, the internet led, the arrowled and the two USB leds start to blink. This again lasts a few seconds only to repeat the same flashing powerled etc. 

Do some of you have encountered the same bootloop issue? If so, what did you do to fix it? I have tried to unbrick it to upload the newest firmware to the router using TFTPD64. 

This did not help. There is another option, and that is to open the router and flash it with a USB but there is some solding needed. That is not really my cup of tea. 

Please let me know if someone encountered the same issue. 

Off-topic: Forgive me for any grammatical and spelling errors due to the fact that English is not my native language. 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C9 stuck in bootloop
2019-07-01 02:56:29

Hi,

Do you use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it stops working? 

Have you ever tried to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s? 

Meanwhile, could you please shot a short video of the current light status to us. 

What is the hardware and firmware version?

When and where did you buy this also? 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Archer C9 stuck in bootloop
2019-07-01 07:22:10
Do you use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it stops working? 

- Yes I have used the original power adapters. No power cut or bad weather as far as I know of. The router wasn't even plugged in for about 4 months. Before this the router was working just fine.

Have you ever tried to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s? 

- Yes, hard reset didn't do the trick.

Meanwhile, could you please shot a short video of the current light status to us. 

- Will be posting video later (at work now).

What is the hardware and firmware version?

- Hardware version is 2, I uploaded the newest firmware version to the router but I don't think the upload went correctly because the problem was still ocurring after that. So the newest or the original firmware. I can't logon to the admin panel of the router, so no way of knowing the exact firmware.

- Dutch store, the Mediamarkt. Currently looking for a receipt.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C9 stuck in bootloop
2019-07-01 09:13:35

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please take your time to email us the short video and the purchase date once you go home.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-06-29 06:57:07 - last edited 2020-06-29 08:36:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hello. I have the same issue. Archer c9 v1 us. I wanted to upgrade the firmware. But after the restart, the router began blinking its 3 last (USB and wps) leds... bootloop Reset - does not work. TFTPD64 - cant see the device Before upgrading the USB external 1T drive was plugged in. Please help how to unbrick it.

Options
2020-06-30 02:56:52

@demurov 

Hi, sorry to hear that. Please confirm again the below info:

Is the Archer C9 powered on by the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it stops working? 

Options
2020-06-30 09:58:00
Thank you. It's fixed. My fault. Wrong region version was used. Yes my router is us version, but I'm not in us, so I had to use ru version. Fixed with tftp tool according the manual from tplink forum.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4070

Replies: 6

Related Articles