Anywhere Access on Server 2016 - "There may be more than one router on your network"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Anywhere Access on Server 2016 - "There may be more than one router on your network"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-08 19:53:54
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 150511 Rel.55816n

Hi there,

I am setting up Anywhere Access on our server so we can have access to our files and computers while we are away. We can access the Anywhere Access internally, but not on the internet with our own web address.

I am receiving this error stating that "There may be more than one router on your network", the error is true as we have a modem and two TP-LINK routers which they both deliver the internet separately for our business. We also have a network switch which is used to distribute all the connections internally, but I believe the network switch is nothing to do with the error.

I was wondering if there anyone out there who can help me resolve this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Regards, Ben
Options
3 Reply
Re:Anywhere Access on Server 2016 - "There may be more than one router on your network"
2019-07-09 11:31:32

@HBEN1603 

Hi Ben, do you want to access the Archer C7 remotely?

What is the current network topology? How do you connect these devices together?

Meanwhile, could you please provide more information about the current problem? 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Anywhere Access on Server 2016 - "There may be more than one router on your network"
2019-07-09 16:00:23

Hi Kevin,

I have resolved the issue myself. It turns out to be having another router connected to the main server on the network which confuses the Anywhere Access setup procedure, so I had to disable the second network connection which is not necessarily used quite often and is only used to access the router's settings.

So everything's is good for me now. :)

Thanks,

Ben 

Regards, Ben
Options
Re:Re:Re:Anywhere Access on Server 2016 - "There may be more than one router on your network"
2019-07-12 10:03:54

@HBEN1603 

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it works now. 

Hope you enjoy the internet with the TP-Link device. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options