AC5400 Router loses connections and gives LED controller error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC5400 Router loses connections and gives LED controller error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
erorr
2020-09-16 13:35:31

@aus_fas 

after like 15 days of email with the support

they ask so much questions and photos of the router

software and hardware

i end up with a link of latest frimware thats already in my router

i realy change my thought about tp-link

Options
erorr
2020-09-17 10:30:34

samunski wrote

@aus_fas 

after like 15 days of email with the support

they ask so much questions and photos of the router

software and hardware

i end up with a link of latest frimware thats already in my router

i realy change my thought about tp-link

I uninstalled the latest firmware and kept the beta

1.2.4 Build 2018525 rel 55808(5553).

Alty it has DHCP client name space issue but a lot stable than the new one. I have asked tplink support to convert this beta to normal one and every time they leave the fix out and release a new version.

@samunski 

Options
Re:AC5400 Router loses connections and gives LED controller error
2021-04-18 09:46:05 - last edited 2021-04-18 22:33:24

Edit: I found the reason for my problem - it wasn't the Led Controller but rathe the 'whitelist' settings. I believed it would be for the local or remot router access but actually the list was who could access the router and who couldn't. So please ignore my post below :-)

I got a similar problem as described above... out of the blue some devices aren't able to connect to the router anymore (C5400, V2). The log file showed similar LED controller messages.

The difference however is that my WAN connection is stable but some clients can't connect to the Wi-Fi network - this just happened out of the blue, without me or anybody else having changed something. I tried using DHCP or fixed IP, on 2.4 or 5 Ghz mode, etc. (various different settings)

However the mysterious thing is that my Mac and my Huawei P10 Plus both are able to connect and only these 2 devices are able to get the 5Ghz mode. So I disabled both 5Ghz modes and just left the 2.4Ghz mode on, but, unfortunately my Mac and the P10 Plus were able to connect, even after a reboot.

I read that somebody managed to avoid the LED error by using a beta firmware ( I am using the latest one: 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel 52981). Could somebody from TP-Link please send me the beta firmware to the email address linked to this account?! Appreciate it.

Options
2021-04-28 07:54:12
Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-01-27 07:12:06

@MarcoRenkum 

I experienced similar problems with my AX20 router.

I had to explicitly set the WAN port speed to 100 Mb/s (default = Auto).

The log file still contains some errors, but on average less than 1 per day.

Hope this helps

Options
Related Articles