VR2800 QOS is not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-11 21:50:21
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

Hi

The QOS on my VR2800 is not working properly ,when i enable QOS it works for an hour than all the devices lose the connections i cant open any page. it last for ever the pages wont load , So i go and disable Qos all the devices start to work again

i tried to monitor my DSL connection using System Logs but all are good no drops

i did open two tapes in my browser one for youtube and one i opened tp link qos settings ( the qos enabled ) youtube wont load with no errors showing so i go to the second page and i disabled qos and boom youtube start to load the page without any problems.

I use qos to limit download speed so i can play without any lags and it did work for a day or two but after that the problems start to show

What can i do ?

Is there any beta firmware ?

Thank you and sorry for my poor english

Options
3 Reply
Re:VR2800 QOS is not working
2019-08-12 08:32:00

@1ah1ksa 

Below is the instruction to setup QoS on the Archer VR2800. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1742/

With QoS enabled, can you ping the gateway of the VR2800? Which is 192.168.1.1, please show us a screenshot of the ping results.

Besides, please try to ping 8.8.8.8 and verify whether it works well; please show us a picture also.

Nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:VR2800 QOS is not working
2019-08-12 14:39:02

I was using this IP 192.168.1.200 for my main PC by Address Reservation

which is higher than DHCP ip address pool .

So first i changed my pool from (192.168.1.151 to 192.168.1.250). Second i deleted my Address Reservation

Third i used IP & MAC Binding rather than address reservation

4th i add Qos rules

And this

it has been 24 hours without any problems

i will post if any thing happened

thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:VR2800 QOS is not working
2019-08-13 09:05:06

@1ah1ksa 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it works well for now.

You can take more time to verify its performance, any updates, please let us know. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1927

Replies: 3

Related Articles