Help: td-w8961n vpn setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-04 00:10:33 - last edited 2019-09-04 02:33:54
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 180118 Rel.05999

I purchased this model because in products details mentioned that this model support VPN :
VPN Pass-Through    PPTP, L2TP, IPSec Pass-through
right now I wanted to setup VPN on my modem but no configuration is ther for VPN

I sent a ticket for support but they told me it is support vpn and they sent a simulation link for me and when I opened the link, I found my modem's model and simulator's model are different completly and They are not similar.

Is here anybody to help me to fix this issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Help: td-w8961n vpn setup
2019-09-04 03:38:26

@zoupir 

Hello, the TD-W8961N does nots upport VPN server, it supports VPN passthrough only.

In other word, we are not able to set it up as the VPN server.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Help: td-w8961n vpn setup
2020-07-20 08:06:41

@Kevin_Z 

Hello there,

So where is the VPN passthrough setting on TD-W8961n?

I'm going to set a VPN (L2TP or IPSec) connection in my router, therefore all my LAN devices connect to the internet via VPN connection. Is it possible?

If no, which TP-Link router supports this function with the minimum budget?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8539

Replies: 2

Related Articles