Deco M9 Plus and Vodafone Power Station issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus and Vodafone Power Station issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus and Vodafone Power Station issues
2019-09-26 11:35:50 - last edited 2019-09-26 11:38:21

@pl_svn 

Okay, generally speaking, the actual wired speed is about 90% of the wired negotiation speed; either way, the negotiation speed from both Deco and power station is slow;

You can take your time and let us know if there is any updates. 

Besides, except swaping the Deco units, try to connect the Deco M9 plus to the Huawei ONT box directly, bypass the power station and give it a shot.

Nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-09-28 10:28:10 - last edited 2019-09-28 10:48:18

@Kevin_Z 

and here we are again: speed dropped to 90Mb even after swapping main/slave Deco

as usual when it happens, disconnecting/reconnecting the ethernet cable between Deco and Vodafone Power Station fixes it

actually:

- disconnecting/reconnecting cable from Deco did NOT fix the issue

- disconnecting/reconnecting cable from Power Station did it

Options
2019-10-03 09:04:14

@Kevin_Z 

and as usual, two days after "fixing" the issue, speed dropped again to 90Mb

trying now a different ethernet cable. see you in a couple of days laugh

Options
2019-10-07 09:08:33 - last edited 2019-10-07 09:15:39

@Kevin_Z 

took almost three days, this time, but... here we are again to 90Mb

so... so far I can rule out (on the hardware side):

- ISP's Huawei ONT (connecting directly to it doesn't fix the issue)

- ISP's modem/router (they replaced the original one with another to no avail and tried different LAN ports on each)

- three different ethernet cables

- two Deco M9 units (swapped main/slave... no change!)

- Deco's M9 ethernet ports (tried swapping cable between both: still...)

once more: it only happens when Deco is part of the network!

if I connect wirelessly to ISP's modem/router I get full Gb speed (500~800Mb actually)

all I can think of is some software issue Deco M9 has with these (Huawei?) modem/routers:

- Vodafone Station Revolution (the first one I was given by ISP)

- Vodafone Power Station

please HELP! 

oh... forgot to mention: all speed tests are performed by the FingBox I have in my network

among other thing it does, the FingBox performs an Internet Speed test every few hours. and keeps an history of them ;)

Options
2019-10-16 07:32:34

@Kevin_Z 

one more week later: no more internet connection sped drops (... so far! fingers crossed)

can't believe it's just because of yet another ethernet cable and the three I tried before this fourth one were all defective but... indecision

Options
2019-10-16 08:26:47

@pl_svn 

Thanks for your reply, for now glad to hear that it works well as expected for few days. 

You can take more time to test its performance. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles