Help with OpenVPN on TP Link router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-24 05:34:13 - last edited 2019-09-27 11:05:36
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I set up Internet at my vacation home using T-Mobile 4G. The hardware used is a Netgear NB 1120 modem with a TP Link AC 1200 router. I want to use OpenVPN so I can do maintenence on the network remotely.

I am new to TP Link routers and don't undestand the following in their instructions: See #3, 4 & 5 from their manual below

Go to Advanced > VPN Server > OpenVPN, and select Enable VPN Server. Note: • Before you enable VPN Server, we recommend you configure Dynamic DNS Service (recommended) or assign a static IP address for router’s WAN port and synchronize your System Time with internet. • The first time you configure the OpenVPN Server, you may need to Generate a certificate before you enable the VPN Server. luxury old age homes in india

Select the Service Type (communication protocol) for OpenVPN Server: UDP, TCP.

Enter a VPN Service Port to which a VPN device connects, and the port number should be between 1024 and 65535.

In the VPN Subnet/Netmask fields, enter the range of IP addresses that can be leased to the device by the OpenVPN server. 62 Chapter 12 VPN Server

Select your Client Access type. Select Home Network Only if you only want the remote device to access your home network; select Internet and Home Network if you also want the remote device to access internet through the VPN Server.

Click Save.

Click Generate to get a new certificate. Note: If you have already generated one, please skip this step, or click Generate to update the certificate.

Click Export to save the OpenVPN configuration file which will be used by the remote device to access your router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help with OpenVPN on TP Link router
2019-10-10 06:05:31

@mikejames21 

Hello, what is the model number of the TP-Link router? It starts with Archer. 

Please tell us the current network diagram as well. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1412

Replies: 1

Related Articles