I've incorrectly set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I've incorrectly set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
I've incorrectly set up
I've incorrectly set up
2019-09-30 15:11:49
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all.

I am not technically gifted, so trying to explain and understand may be an issue, so i apologise from the start.

I brought the M4, 2 units, as my son was getting lag when playing his PS4, in his bedroom which is upstairs.

I was in a hurry and i didnt read the instructions properly, i have 1 of the units hard wired to the router downstairs and his PS4 hard wired to the second unit in his bedroom! 

Both the units have the light on the top illuminated white. And his PS4 does say that it is hard wired to his unit. However, when i search for the units on my phone, it says they are out of range, when i'm stood next to it!

I do however, seem to have 2 new wifi connections, that are titled by my email address!

I know what i did wrong, but dont know how to fix it! I did not put each units SSID in when setting up!

I tried to start a fresh, but now my email is registered and it wont let me go through the whole process again. Well, it might do, but i just dont know how to!

If both units are white, are they talking to each other, and if he is wired to the unit, then i guess he is getting wifi there? So do i need to even bother rebooting the whole thing again, and if so HOW?

Any assistance would be great.

Options
1 Reply
Re:I've incorrectly set up
2019-10-23 06:43:19

@Macca1 

Hello, so the current network diagram is like Router--first Deco--second Deco? 

What are their operation modes? Do they work as wireless router mode or access point mode? 

With computer connected to the second Deco, please click here to verify its IP and gateway. 

Please show us a screenshot of the error message you saw on the APP also.

Besides, you can hard reset the Deco by holding the reset hole for 1s with Deco powered on, and you can start from the scratch with the registered account. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 1

Related Articles