Help: TL-WPA9610 KIT Powerline Adapter and Wifi Extender - Fluctuating Speed Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help: TL-WPA9610 KIT Powerline Adapter and Wifi Extender - Fluctuating Speed Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-10 10:17:52
Model: TL-WPA9610 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, 

Our current ISP package provides us with 350mbps download/ 35mbps upload. When the powerline adapter/wifi extender is working as it should, I'm getting speeds around 11 ping, 70-90 download and  20 upload which is great. The speeds are similar for both hardwire connection and wi-fi. 

Recently, I have been experiencing huge spikes in speeds. For example, last night when I first switched on my PS4, as was as it should be. Within a minute or so the speeds had dropped to 150 ping, 3mbps download and non existent upload. It stayed at that speed for some time. About an hour later, the speed was back up again (after turning on and off). I have since woke up this morning to find it back at non existent speeds. 

This has been going on for the past couple of weeks but have been using this product for a year with great success. 

I should mention that there is no problems when using a direct ethernet connect to the router so it's not an ISP issue. Also, there is a permanent green light on the home button. 

I wondered whether anyone could help me in what might be causing this and what steps I should take. 

I am not aware of the current version I have and have never done any updates to the kit. 

Thank you in advance. 

Alex

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help: TL-WPA9610 KIT Powerline Adapter and Wifi Extender - Fluctuating Speed Issue
2019-10-11 05:34:03

@Calder18 

Hello Alex, we will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it.

When the speed got a huge spike, please check the powerline link rate between the adapters via tpPLC utility. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa9610-kit/#Utility

In the meantime, please click here to verify the wireless/wired negotiation speed. 

Note: The steps to get wired negotiation speed are the same, while you need click on local area connection or ethernet connection. 

Try to change another outlets to plug them; you can move them into the same room as the main router first to do a test. 

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1178

Replies: 1

Related Articles