C2300 slow wired internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-04 03:33:26
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latset Firmware

Quite simple really.

I was trying to upgrade my 4 year old Netgear router with the Archer C2300. Everything works fine, EXCEPT for my Gigabit wired lan.

When the Archer is installed, it takes 10-15 minutes to transfer a 2 GB file (one computer on the network to another).

When I put the Netgear back in, it goes down to 20 seconds. The only difference is the router.

Any suggestions, other than returning the c2300?

Cheers.

Options
5 Reply
Re:C2300 slow wired internet
2019-11-06 13:30:23
Strange... Be sure you are using good cables and they have good connections. Also power cycle all of the devices involved especially after any changes. If still an issue, do a factory reset and reenter your settings. Then if still bad, I would start the return process to have it replaced.
Options
2019-11-06 15:37:42

@Aibynn Thanks for your input.

Unfortunately I've done all that, including replacing it with another, older router, that just doesn't have the same problem. It's only this one.

Also, tp-link were supposed to get back to me with some support options (after having spent about two hours with them), but they just disappeared.

I'm returning the device and will be buying another brand.

Cheers!

Options
2019-11-07 02:49:58

@Aibynn 

Sorry to respond late. If you have not returned this router, we can do further analysis. 

1. What is the current network diagram?

2. How do you transfer the files between two computers, you can show us a picture of the transferring speed. 

3. In the meantime, please click here to verify the wired negotiation speed of your computer. 

Note: Steps are the same, while you need click ethernet connection.

4. What is the actual speed you can get from the C2300 and the old router? 

5. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date.

6. Have you ever enabled QoS or parental control, if so, you can turn them off first. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-07 06:40:20

@Kevin_Z 

Well... I have it boxed up but wasn't able to make it to the post office today. I would prefer to use it, but...

Let me see what I can answer.

1. it's very simple. I have a (currently) Netgear router with multiple computers attached through ethernet and numerous others on wi-fi. Just to reiterate - the wireless works fine, it's the wired connection which is sub-par.

2. File Explorer

3. The instructions you provided were for wireless. Again, this is wired. I'm providing that image as well though.

4. The old NetGear gives me 50+ Mbps. The C2300 gives me 4-ish. Again, see pictures.

5-6. Firmware is up to date, QoS and Parental control are off.

When I ran this test, the ONLY thing I did was unplug the cables from the old router and plug them into the new one. As I said, everything else works well, but I need my gigabit ethernet back.

Cheers.

Kevin_Z wrote

@Aibynn 

Sorry to respond late. If you have not returned this router, we can do further analysis. 

1. What is the current network diagram?

2. How do you transfer the files between two computers, you can show us a picture of the transferring speed. 

3. In the meantime, please click here to verify the wired negotiation speed of your computer. 

Note: Steps are the same, while you need click ethernet connection.

4. What is the actual speed you can get from the C2300 and the old router? 

5. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date.

6. Have you ever enabled QoS or parental control, if so, you can turn them off first. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-07 06:48:16

@Kevin_Z 

One more image (from the tp-link admin tool).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1768

Replies: 5

Related Articles