MR600 data usage abnormally high

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-06 21:09:48
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello

I have a MR600 since a month with a 50GB LTE contract. Last month I reached the 50GB in a week. I found this weird so I turned on the traffic monitor. This month, same thing, 50GB in a week but if I add the usage of each device I reach less than 5GB.

The totally usage of the router shows 124GB since the beginning. It looks like the router is consuming data on its own and as much as 5 to 8 GB per day. How can I stop this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:MR600 data usage abnormally high
2019-11-07 06:54:15

@Fyingdonut 

Hello, please show us the pictures of the total data usage and the traffic monitor settings page. 

Meanwhile, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

And you can change another sim card or hard reset the router to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:MR600 data usage abnormally high
2019-11-15 14:53:51

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin. 

I just saw your answer. The firmware is up to date. I resetted both traffic monitor and total data usage so you just have to believe me on that one. 

How do you hard reset the router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2016

Replies: 2

Related Articles