Why doesn't information sync between Tether app and browser?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-11 19:25:40
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, I went through the hassle of identifying all my devices on my network and naming them in the app, only to find out I have to do the same thing in the browser. Why would it not sync??

Also, renaming devices in the browser isn't working. I rename it, save, leave the page, come back and it is "unknown" again. How do I re-name items in the browser??

Options
5 Reply
Re:Why doesn't information sync between Tether app and browser?
2019-11-13 08:43:41

@AdamN 

Thanks for your reply. Now the customized device name is saved on the APP only to achieve the personal management, it won't snyc on browser. 

You can try to change another simple device name for the clients. And try to change the device name on the client itself to give it a go.

If still the same, you can use the Tether app to get the specific name as a workaround. 

Cause we have not recieved such feedback, we will keep an eye on it and try to do further analysis at our end. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-13 13:35:30
Please let me know when you find out something. As I do most of my managing through the browser, I would really like to be able to name the clients in there, it is very hard to work with when 75% of them are "Unknown". Thanks for the reply.
Options
2019-11-14 10:19:07

@AdamN 

I see, thanks for your reply.

We will keep an eye on it, any updates, we will let you know. 

For now, you can use the APP to rename them or verify them by the MAC address on the browser as a workaround.

Thanks for your kindly understanding and support. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-18 17:46:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hey admin....this non syncing is super annoying...And you would think could be an easy fix and a nice win for the customer

Options
2020-10-23 02:27:42

@dclars 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know the model number, hardware and firmware version about your router? Is it still Archer C2300?

Did you mean changing the device settings on the Tether APP, like device name does not sync with web management page, right?

Thanks a lot.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1278

Replies: 5

Related Articles