Ethernet cable with same SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-05 06:58:24
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

i got 6 units of Deco M9 Plus, 

some of them is in really far range, but there is a cat6 cable connected to the switch (the main unit is connected to the switch as well)

posible that sub units plug in to the cable and broadcasting the same SSID instead of getting signal from the main unit?

thank you

regards,

Kelvin

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ethernet cable with same SSID
2019-12-05 09:11:26

@kels83 

Hi Kelvin, actually all the Decos broadcast their own wireless networks, what you mentioned is that how do they connect to each other; to build up the mesh network system, the Deco units need connect together by wired cable or wireless; this kind of wireless connection has nothing to do with the wireless network broadcast by the Deco. 

With them all plugged into the switch by wired cable, the ethernet backhaul will take effect, compared to wireless connection, the effect will be better. And they are still broadcasting the same SSID. 

Wish I make myself clear. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-12-05 09:17:33

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, 

thanks for the replied, i think i know where the problem, which my ISP router act as a DHCP, that why my main deco can't provide proper DHCP function.

just to double confirm, i need to setup first before i link it to cable right?

btw, thanks for the help. 

Options
2019-12-06 01:12:50

@kels83 

Yep, you can add the new Deco units to the existing mesh network and then connect it to the switch by wired cable. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1052

Replies: 3

Related Articles