Archer VR900 Locks up every few weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-13 12:46:41 - last edited 2019-12-18 05:37:56
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0069.0 Build 170303 Rel.59897n

Hi,

Every few weeks my Wifi locks up.  The wired switch portion continues to run fine, but the Wifi goes completely offline and the router does not answer on it's IP address, so I can't access the admin panel.

The only remedy is to switch it off and on again.  As this resets the logs I can't see why it is doing this or what could be causing it.

Note, then is not a device connection issue.  I have about a dozen wifi devices and all of them go off line at the same time.

Also.... the router is EXTREMELY inefficient.  It pulls 11 watts of power and the top of the case is 42*C!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 Locks up every few weeks
2019-12-18 05:37:45 - last edited 2019-12-18 05:37:56

@Paulca 

What is the led status of the VR900 when wifi goes offline? 

Can you detect the wireless network at that time? Or is it still connected but no internet access? 

With computer connected to the VR900 at that time, please click here  to get the IP address and gateway. 

And then try to ping the gateway of VR900, which is 192.168.1.1 by default and show us the results. 

Besides, please locate it in an open area and use the original power adapter. 

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer VR900 Locks up every few weeks
2019-12-18 08:23:09

@Kevin_Z 

LEDS look normal, all on, steady, no reds.

Wifi network does not show up on any device.

Wired computers still have Internet Access and can talk to each other, including those which only "switch" via it.

Haven't tried ping, but the router does not respond on http/https for the admin page.

It's located on my hall table about 6 inches from the wall on one side and 2 feet from the front door on the other.

I am using the original power adapter.

I will try pinging it's LAN ip next time it does it.  If ping works I'll try the secret telnet security risk port.

Note, as I have things monitoring temperatures around the house on Wifi I have records that show exactly when the Wifi dies.  These appear completely random and I can't see anything that might have happened at the same time.  One was the middle of the night, the other an hour after I got up to work.  

Is ti supposed to pull 11 watts and run with it's top cover at 40*C +?

Thanks,

Paul

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 2

Related Articles