Deco M9 and PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 and PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 and PS4
Deco M9 and PS4
2019-12-13 14:58:16

My PS4 having problem to connect to my WiFi. All other devices in my home has no issues connecting to the WiFi. I can connect to the wireless sometimes if I turn off 5Ghz in the Deco app. But it fails 8 out of 10 times.

Does anyone else have the same issue or a solution to use the 5Ghz network?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 and PS4
2019-12-16 07:36:04

@HenrikB 

Hello, does PS4 support 5GHz? In other word, with 2.4GHz disabled, can you detect any TP-Link Deco wifi network? 

Is there any error message showing up after you failed to connect to the wifi? 

Try to disable fast roaming and setup application as standard and clear all the high priority items to give it a go. 

Besides, cause other devices work properly except the PS4, you can contact their tech support to get some help, like upgrading its firmware/driver. 

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-12-17 10:52:56

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, the PS4 supports 5Ghz. Had no problem with my Asus router that where used before on 5Ghz.

The PS4 sees the network, but cannot connect. There is a timeout on the PS4. I have all the recommended settings you have suggested. Must be an issue with the TPlink device.

/H 

Options
2019-12-18 02:01:02

@HenrikB 

Thanks for your reply. Try to simplify the network diagram, that is to say, connect the main Deco to the modem only and try to connect the PS4 to the main Deco and verify whether it work. 

Try to reboot the Deco units and change the wireless settings to give it a go. 

Still the same, you can enable guest network and test whether PS4 can connect to it. 

Besides, please ensure that the PS4 has the latest firmware and the driver of built-in adapter is up to date; You can contact the tech support of PS4 to get some help as well. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3415

Replies: 3

Related Articles