Archer C2300 router v1.0 not showing Wireless networks anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-26 07:40:04
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 build 20180611

I recently bought an AC2300 router, and it worked perfectly, until a couple of days ago, when it suddenly stopped transmitting the Wi-Fi network. I tried resetting the router, restarting the whole network, and even a factory reset. 

As I was setting it up again, I noticed my 5GHz network was unavailable due to my country's restrictions, which it wasn't at first. I looked at my 2.4GHz settings and the channel is now set to "Auto (Current channel N/A)", channel width is Auto as well. The wireless radio is supposedly on, though.

My wired network works fine, and it's apparently the only thing that works properly, as the config UI for the router is running extremely slow, unlike before the issues started.

Is the router dead, or is there some configuration that must be done to fix this? I assumed it'd be a matter of changing the country on the configuration, but if it's there I can't find it.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 router v1.0 not showing Wireless networks anymore
2019-12-27 02:01:13

@Alex1406 

Hello, sorry to hear that; please ensure that you use the original power adapter; try to reboot it or change another wall socket to plug it. 

Still the same, you can hard reset it by holding the reset hole for 10s with the router powered on. And you can try to turn off the wifi function with the wifi button on the back panel and turn it on again. 

If it cannot be fixed, you can contact the retailer or the local tech support to get a replacement if qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Note: Please provide the mode number, hardware version, serial number, proof of purchse. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-12-30 23:47:24
Hi on the left side of router there are 2 usb ports and 2 switches. One switch turns wifi on and off the other is WPS button. Perhaps you accidentally turned wifi switch to off? Regards Duncan
Options
2021-08-06 05:13:28

@Alex1406 Hi !!

I have the same problem. did you manage to find a solution?
Options
2021-08-06 06:35:45

@Acmnet Sorry, I couldn't find one and the tech support over the phone couldn't either.

They had me send an email with serial number and other stuff including proof of purchase to them and sent back some document I could show to the store to get a replacement. Hope it helps in any way.

Options