Range Extender TL-WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-04 15:39:29
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

ive just purchased TL-WA850RE ranger extender. It has linked direct to my router and given be the _ EXT new router name. I have tried to connect to the _EXT with my normal router password as advised in the Quick Instllation Guide, however it will not accept the password. I have tried several times to re-connect. Do you have any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender TL-WA850RE
2020-01-07 03:27:16

@Seanpaul 

Hello, may I know can you use the same password to connect your device  to the main router's wifi? 

What is the model number of the main router? And how did you setup the TL-WA805RE? By WPS button or web UI/Tether app? 

You can connect your computer to the extender by wired cable and login to the web UI to check the wifi password under settings-extended network page. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options