Deco M9 Plus - Custom IPTV VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-06 14:59:23 - last edited 2020-02-24 11:55:17
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.10

I was wondering when we finally can expect an update to have the possibility for a custom IPTV VLAN ID for the Deco M9. It was promised in a future firmware update, but no luck yet.

I'm pretty sure many people use a Deco M9 using IPTV outside Malaysia and Singapore only.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 Plus - Custom IPTV VLAN-Solution
2020-01-07 03:41:00 - last edited 2020-02-24 11:55:17

@MHG 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. 

Sorry to tell you that the current firmware does not support custom IPTV VLAN feature yet, it will be added with firmware upgrading.

Besides, to satisfy this request, we have released a beta firmware which make this function available.

If you need this feature, please let me know, and then I can send it to you.

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
21 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus - Custom IPTV VLAN-Solution
2020-01-07 03:41:00 - last edited 2020-02-24 11:55:17

@MHG 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. 

Sorry to tell you that the current firmware does not support custom IPTV VLAN feature yet, it will be added with firmware upgrading.

Besides, to satisfy this request, we have released a beta firmware which make this function available.

If you need this feature, please let me know, and then I can send it to you.

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus - Custom IPTV VLAN
2020-01-07 07:37:19

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the quick response. That is great news, i would be happy to try the beta version!

Options
2020-01-07 09:16:58

@Kevin_Z Hi, I would like to test the beta too, please send it to mee, I will give feedback.

Cheers

Options
2020-01-09 01:32:51

@MHG @FNB 

Hello, I have messaged you the download link of the beta firmware which supports IPTV custom mode.

Any updates, be free to let us know.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-09 10:49:20 - last edited 2020-01-09 21:08:09

@Kevin_Z 

Tks, looks that this firmware is just adding the iptv function, right ? I was expecting a beta for 1.3 ;)

Cheers

Francisco 

EDIT: Updated with thew new firmware and it have alot of new features, like see the devices connected to deco, signal strenght and web ui!

Tks

Will be updating with feedback

Options
2020-01-10 01:47:01

@FNB 

Thanks for your valued reply.

You can take more time to test its performance. 

Any updates, just let us know.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-12 21:07:54

@Kevin_Z 

hi having same issue described in this post 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/185586

every day I have new devices added ....

tks

Options
2020-01-13 07:41:54

@FNB 

What is the model number of your client? And what is the OS version? 

Please tell me the current operation mode of Deco. Is it router mode or AP mode. 

With main Deco connected to the modem and other slave Deco unplugged, can you duplicate this issue? 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 11:00:46

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Deco M9 plus V2 with firware 1.2.12 working in router mode.

The clients are basically all :

- Iphone 7 with latested iOS

- Ipad Pro with latestd iOS

- Chromecast

- Laptop

-Samsung Galaxy J5

- Nintendo Switch

- iPad (iOs9.3)

- Samsung old phone

- Huawei P10 plus

- Huawei P20 Lite

Tks

Options
2020-01-21 09:45:36

@Kevin_Z 

Any news about this, there is alrady a post on fixing some issues on new firmware of m5, is there any update on beta for m9 plus V2 ? it is very annoying haveing notifications every hour ..... and other issue that I'm facing is the mesh option sometimes do not show for some devices.

Please let me know some timming for this to be fixed .....

Tks

Francisco 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5354

Replies: 21

Related Articles