5GHz config issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5GHz config issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5GHz config issues
5GHz config issues
2020-01-15 00:43:50
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170926 Rel.63400n

Hi all,

I've just installed an Archer C3150 V2.  it is supposed to provide 2.4 and 5 GHz connections, and each has its own SSID.

I used a wifi analyzer app to verify the signal of each SSID.

To my surprise, this is what I found:

- 2.4 GHz connection is not available

- 5 GHz connection is there, but with the SSID I have configured for the 2.4 GHz connection (I have screenshots)

- I get lots of errors codes when I try to change settings for these wireless connections via the web administration.

Is there any way to fix this?

Would an older firmware fix this?

Options
4 Reply
Re:5GHz config issues
2020-01-15 06:16:33

@fullwindsor 

Hello, what about the led status of the Archer C3150? Especially the wifi leds. 

On your devices, can you detect both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? 

Have you ever enabled smart connect under advanced-wireless-wireless settings page? With this feature enabled, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network and password will be the same. 

You can try to give a different network name for each and disable smart connect to give it a go.

Besides, you can hard reset it and verify whether you can detect the default 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-01-15 19:51:06

hi @Kevin_Z, thanks for your reply.

what about the led status of the Archer C3150? Especially the wifi leds. 

both wifi leds are on

On your devices, can you detect both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? 

most of my devices detect 2.4 and 5 GHz, except for 2 old ones.  those do not show the SSID of my router.

Have you ever enabled smart connect under advanced-wireless-wireless settings page? With this feature enabled, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network and password will be the same. 

this comment is very useful, thanks.  however Smart Connect is disabled, in fact I get an error when I try to enable it.

You can try to give a different network name for each and disable smart connect to give it a go.

I set different names for them during the setup.  support asked me to do a hard reset and keep the default names.

Besides, you can hard reset it and verify whether you can detect the default 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 

already did a hard reset and immediately changed the default SSIDs.  only 5GHz was visible.  I'll try again without changing the default SSIDs.

I'll come back with news as soon as I can.

Options
2020-01-16 02:52:09

@fullwindsor 

Hello, thanks for your valued reply.

You can hard reset it and give it a go with the default wifi names.

If still cannot detect 2.4GHz, please verify the wireless channel used by the surrounded available wireless networks, then you can change the channel of 2.4GHz on the web UI of Archer C3150.

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-01-17 04:54:31

hi @Kevin_Z ,

I have tried a hard reset, this time I did not change the SSIDs or any other configs.

It is the same:  I can see the configured 2.4GHz SSID in the 5GHz band, and in the 2.4GHz band I only see my neighbours.

I then tried changing the 2.4GHz channel but it is the same thing, it does not show up.

Options