Neighbours devices appearing on offline devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-06 08:00:30
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi.

So I have these at home and I set them up with my existing WiFi passwords for both home and guest WiFi.

I noticed on the app that devices that belonged to my neighbour started to appear in offline devices which concerned me. I've never had that prior to the deco units.

I blacklisted all devices, and cleared the offline devices list. I then changed all my WiFi passwords to be sure.

Now 24 hours later, I am seeing devices appearing again showing as offline.

This is really concerning. Can someone shed some light please as I won't be able to keep them if something is awry.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Neighbours devices appearing on offline devices
2020-02-06 20:02:17
Options
Re:Neighbours devices appearing on offline devices
2020-02-10 03:20:06

@np123 

Hello, thanks for your information, the current issue is a little weird, we will do further troubleshooting to locate this issue.

1. Is it the same device displaying under the offline device list? Please show us a screenshot of it.

2. Have you ever changed the password of the guest network?

3. Try to repeat the troubleshooting methods you did and then turn off the Deco units gradually to verify whether there is one device is unsecured.

Note: You can turn off Deco units one by one and take some time to check whether you can duplicate the same issue.

4. Please ensure that the Deco app is the latest one and the firmware of the Deco is up to date.

Thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options