SNOM ip telephone Not connecting with TL-WPA8630P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-09 15:20:08
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

after replacing my old devolo powerline Adapters with the Typ-link my SNOM ip telephone suddenly does not get an Ip adress anymore from my avm 7490 router. As there is not that much to configure i am relatively clueless.

with devolo it works ( and did from the beginning )

with tp-link not 

most recent Firmware is installed 

cannot tell which Version as i got them boxed again to be resent to the vendor 

last chance... This forum 

bye

fred

Options
3 Reply
Re:SNOM ip telephone Not connecting with TL-WPA8630P
2020-02-11 09:41:43

@Fred-Ratz 

Hello, we can do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue and try to fix it.

1. What is the led status of the TL-WPA8630PKIT now? Can you get internet from the powerline adapters now?

2. How do you connect the IP phone to get interne? Have you ever tried to change another ethernet cable or ethernet port?

3. With computer connected to the TL-WPA8630Pkit by wired cable, please verify whether it can obtain valid IP address.

4. Besides, you can hard reset the TL-WPA8630PKIT by holding the reset butto and repair them to give it a go.

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-11 15:43:55

@Kevin_Z 

hi Kevin, yes, Computers have Internet .. just ip telephone has no connection.

tried other Port and other cable.. but as i said.. with devolo works immediately.. 

is there ANY kind of filtering the Adapters do ?

by

Freddy

Options
2020-02-13 08:18:18

@Fred-Ratz 

Hi Freddy, theoretically, there is no limit on the TL-WPA8630P.

May I know does IP phone obtain valid IP address and gateway from the TL-WPA8630P? Try to ping it from a local device and show us the results.

With it plugged into the main router directly, does it work well?

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options