Archer Mr400 crashing over and over when downloading large files or when it feels like it.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer Mr400 crashing over and over when downloading large files or when it feels like it.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-20 10:41:17 - last edited 2020-02-21 06:23:49
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.9.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190307 Rel.45273n

Firstly i would like to prefix to say this worst router i have ever had this misfortune of dealing with.

This router keeps crashing and disconnecting from the LTE during heavily loads, it freezes up without warning normally when download files, or doing P2P. It can't handle any sort large data.

Things i have tried, Factory resetting and checking the firmware is upto date.

Checking the LTE signal with another device and router who have no issues with signal strenght or connection to the ISP.

Turning everything off in settings, from Traffic monitor, Firewalls and so on, still nothing....

It just decided sometimes its going to crash and sometimes even soft reboots down work, i have go turn it off and then back on again at the socket.

OpenVPN does not work, and they support tried to blame me for that one, but its clear the software is broken.

Greyed out reserved IP bug, which i got fed up with, so i build my own DHCP server, so its not even doing the DHCP anymore, so less processing and it still crashes. only had this for 3 months. its effecting my working from home and family time because i have to go into work because it keeps crashing.....

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer Mr400 crashing over and over when downloading large files or when it feels like it.
2020-02-21 06:23:35 - last edited 2020-02-21 06:23:49

@Kittentakara 

Hi, sorry for the trouble caused here; we will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to figure it out. 

1. What is the led status of the MR400 when it stops working? Especially the internet led.

2. Can you log into the web UI of Archer MR400 at that time? If so, please show us a screenshot of the status page.

3. What is the current country version of your MR400? You can find it on the back of the actual device, next to the model number, 

4. You mentioned the reserved IP bug, could you please provide more information? 

Thanks a lot. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 1

Related Articles