Deco M9 constantly going down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-24 20:40:26
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Hope someone can help me out. Installed the deco m9 plus a week ago which went well and wifi worked perfectly. I had to set it up in access point mode due to my isp but no issues there. 

Then suddenly after a week: no internet. Checked the decos they all had a red light. Tried to fix by unplugging and resetting the modem. That worked... For five minutes. Sometimes it is getting green again but then again red in a few minutes. 

I've checked and the internet from my isp has no issues - even put up the wifi from my modem again which works flawlessly. No clue why the deco is not working and even less clue how to fix it. Only recommendation I found online is resetting of deco and modem which I now did ten times. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 constantly going down
2020-02-26 06:30:31

@Mick12 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. 

1. What is the current network diagram?

2. When Deco turns red and disconnects from internet, please connect your computer to the main Deco directly, and click here to get the IP address and gateway. In the meantime, cause the Deco connects to the ISP router by wired cable, please unplug main Deco from the ISP router and connect your computer to the same ethernet port and verify whether you can access internet. Also, please check the IP address and gateway.

3. If your computer works well, you can connect it to the main Deco by wired cable and clone its MAC address. 

4. Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.
5. Besides, you can try to relocate them and swap the locations of Deco units.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options