C5400X and what type of LACP for WAN Aggregation does it support???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-12 02:03:54
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Trying to figure out why I don't have a dropdown in the GUI for the WAN aggregation toggle that shows whether or not it's Passive or Active LACP to config. Any guidance would be very helpful:) I see this in the support documentation, but its not available in the router GUI. Maybe a Bug???

Options
4 Reply
Re:C5400X and what type of LACP for WAN Aggregation does it support???
2020-03-12 03:29:14

@BigRedCustoms 

Hello, the Archer C5400X supports LAN link aggregation. And it supports layer 2 LACPonly.

You can refer to the instruction below to get more information and set it up.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1583/ 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-12 18:30:13

@Kevin_Z 

But in those instructions, I don't have an option for Active/Passive or port selection. So It may be a bug in the firmware as there is no drop down box.

Options
2020-03-13 06:31:10

@BigRedCustoms 

Thanks for your reply. 

It is not a bug, the settings page varies due to different model numbers. The Archer C5400X supports WAN Link aggregation passive mode. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-17 10:21:08

@Kevin_Z 

I have a archer c4000 and same issue for LAN link aggregation, it's settings not the same as your reference link, just static lag and not have dynamic option 802.3ad layer2, layer3 or any info. about which teaming modes device supports???

I also ask the community and created ticked this issue as a different topic but no one relply. I think tp-link's customer support is poor...

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1372

Replies: 4

Related Articles